The subject of the fourth coin of the silver series "Austrian Railways" is the railway from Vienna to Salzburg and further to Bavaria, today’s West Railway. It used to connect the Imperial residence with Bad Ischl and the childhood home of Empress Elisabeth - Possenhofen.
The obverse shows the steam locomotive “kkStB 306.01” with its tender crossing an iron railroad bridge. The locomotive was developed in 1908 by Karl Golsdorf, an outstanding locomotive engineer.
The reverse shows the inner view of a part of the passenger hall showing the roof construction of the first Vienna West Railway Station. The style of this building was inspired by Romantic Historismus. On the right one sees the statue of the Empress Elisabeth, which still stands in today’s West Railway Station.