SEDOV 2021, 100 years anniversary. The SEDOV sailboat was built in 1921 at the Krupp shipyard in Kiel, Germany. Its first owner, Karl Winnen, named the ship after his daughter Magdalenna Winnen. The ship was designed and built to transport bulk cargo between ports in Europe and South America, Australia, Southeast Asia and Oceania. In 1936 Karl Wynnen sold the ship to the shipping company Norddeutscher Lloyd. The new ship-owner equipped the ship with cabins for 70 crew and began using it as both a cargo and a training boat. The ship was renamed "Commondor Jensen". After the defeat of Nazi Germany and the end of World War II, according to the decisions of the Potsdam Conference, the German military and auxiliary fleet was divided between the allies. The Soviet Union received as a compensation for the sailboats lost during the war, the ship "Commodore Jensen", which was then renamed to SEDOV in honor of the famous Russian polar explorer Georgy Yakovlevich Sedov (1877 - 1914). The ship currently belongs to Russia and it is the largest sailing ship in the world with a length of 122 meters.
Learn about our special offers and latest products